LAKERS VS MINNESOTA LIVE STREAM

LAKERS VS MINNESOTA LIVE STREAM
NBA PRESEASON 10/4 3:00 PM ET

LeBron James Transferring to NFL?

Posted in ,

You can't play basketball forever. Just ask Michael Jordan. But could LeBron James really be considering a switch to football, much like Jordan gave baseball a shot mid-career?

That's what the Cleveland Cavaliers' 6'8" power forward told in an exclusive interview Tuesday night at the Interscope Records party for the soundtrack to his new documentary "More Than a Game."

“I’ve been thinking about transferring to the NFL. I played a lot of football in my school days," he laughed. "I may make it happen one day – you never know!”


Is he kidding, like he was in his famous State Farm commercial last year, where he joined the Cleveland Browns, or is there a glimmer of seriousness to his talk? Hard to tell, as right now James is focusing on his interrelated "More Than a Game" book, documentary and soundtrack.

Filmed seven years ago, "More Than a Game" follows his high school basketball career and the lives of his coach and best friends. The accompanying book is already on shelves. The movie hits theaters October 2nd. LeBron jumped onboard in 2008 to create the soundtrack, with a little help from mentor, Jay-Z.

“I met Jay-Z through a mutual friend and he is my big brother and role model," James told FOX411. "He inspires me to do different projects. Jay makes himself available to me on a day-to-day basis so I can call him any time I need to. When I called him about the movie and the soundtrack he immediately agreed to put a track down and he gave me the song, 'History'.”

After his "More Than a Game" trifecta comes his first major role in a comedy. “I’m doing a movie next summer called 'Fantasy Basketball Camp,' so I have to actually act in that one!" James said. "It is going to be produced by the great Brian Grazer in L.A. and Las Vegas, and we are going to have a little fun.”

But don't worry Cavs' fans, King James still has basketball on the brain. When asked who his toughest opponent is, James said “I might be the toughest man to guard in the NBA, but other than me, Kobe Bryant. He’s fast and his competitive nature is unbelievable. He is truly talented.”

0 comments